EFFECTIVE November 17, 2019
Who we are
Our website address is: https://mpowerbitech.com.
MPower Business Intelligence Technologies, LLC (MBIT) is an information technology service provider. Headquartered in Largo, Maryland, we provide cloud services and software development.
Scope of policy
- Customers – individuals who register, on their own or on behalf of an entity, to use MBIT Services with the creation or administration of a MBIT account.
- Event/Marketing Participants – individuals who provide their information to MBIT when they register for MBIT webinars, subscribe to marketing material, participate in surveys or contests, or attend other MBIT events.
Information we collect
MBIT asks for your account information which includes your name, email address, physical address, phone number, credit card information, and website domain. By voluntarily providing MBIT with your account information, you represent that you own and consent to our use of such personal data.
MBIT may ask for your name, email address, physical address, and phone number. Participation in events, surveys, contents, or subscribing to marketing material is voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this personal data.
At your option, MBIT asks and may collect your name, email address, physical address, and phone number. In addition, we also collect information such as web server logs, internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, or other information as part of aggregated data.
How we use your information
MBIT uses the information it collects about you in the following ways:
- To respond to any requests from you regarding sales and support.
- To contact you regarding any agreements or accepted terms that you may have with MBIT for the Services.
- To provide you with marketing emails, special offers, advertising campaigns, or newsletters.
- To provide you with information logs associated with the use of MBIT’s Services.
- To contact you regarding functionality changes to our Services or Website.
- To develop new features and functionality to our Services and Website.
- To collect payment and bill for our Services.
- To help personalize searches.
- To diagnose problems.
- To find and prevent fraud.
- To carry out other purposes as disclosed to you through the Website, or found in terms or an agreement between you and MBIT.
- Process for other purposes for which we obtain your consent.
How we share information
MBIT shares the information it collects about you in the following ways:
- Business Transactions – To provide information to a third party in the event of any disposition of all or any portion of our business (e.g. reorganization, sale, assignment, bankruptcy).
- Aggregated or De-identified Data – We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified information with third party providers for research purposes relating to our Services.
- As Required by Law or Similar Investigations – To comply with legal obligations (e.g. subpoena) or investigate potential legal violations. MBIT may be required to share personal data in response to lawful requests from public authorities including to meet national security and/or law enforcement requirements.
- Safety – We may disclose your information to protect and defend the safety of MBIT in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- Consent – MBIT may share your information with your consent.
You may unsubscribe from receiving promotional or marketing emails from MBIT at any time by using the “unsubscribe” link in the email received, or by emailing us at email@example.com. As outlined in the Section, Information We Collect, you can also control your cookie settings.
With respect to your account information, you may update, correct or delete information that you provided to us by logging into your MBIT account or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When MBIT no longer has a legitimate business need (e.g. termination of a Customer agreement) to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it.
MBIT takes all reasonable steps to protect information received from you from loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and/or destruction. We maintain technical, physical, and administrative safeguards to secure your information, and we use industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption for your data that is transferred over the internet. Despite its use of encryption, MBIT cannot guarantee any method of transmission of information over the internet is 100% secure. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Legal basis for processing information
For individuals in the EEA, MBIT’s legal basis for collecting and using your personal information will depend on the personal information collected and the specific context in which we collect it. MBIT will process personal information from you where, a) we have your consent to do so, b) where processing is necessary for MBIT to perform Services pursuant to an agreement, or c) where processing is in our legitimate interests. and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information, or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. At any time, you have the right to withdraw or decline consent. If you do not provide the requested information, MBIT will not be able to perform Services for you. Also, you have the right to object where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal information.
MBIT remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if third-party agents that it engages to process personal data on its behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless MBIT proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, MBIT commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information transferred to the United States pursuant to Privacy Shield. European Union and Swiss individuals with Privacy Shield inquiries or complaints should first contact MBIT at the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below.
MBIT has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit the BBB EU Privacy Shield website for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
If your Privacy Shield complaint cannot be resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See Privacy Shield Annex 1.
Data Subject rights
Individuals located in the EEA may have additional statutory rights available to them with respect to their personal information, including the right to access your personal information, have it erased, have it corrected, or object to or restrict processing. If you would like to make such a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within thirty (30) days. MBIT will need to verify that the individual is inquiring about his/her own information before we can assist with the request.
We will comply with such requests to the extent legally required by applicable law or the EU-US or Swiss-US Privacy Shield. For EU individuals, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Our Website and/or Services is not directed at children and our services are designed for businesses. We do not knowingly collect information from or about children under 13 years of age, and use of our services by children under 13 years of age is forbidden.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.