Your privacy is very important to MPower Business Intelligence Technologies, LLC. (“MBIT” or “We”). We want to make your experience using our services and on the Internet as enjoyable and rewarding as possible, and we want you to use the Internet’s vast array of information, tools, and opportunities with complete confidence.
- Introduction. MBIT collects information in different ways from Visitors and Customers who access the various parts of our Services and the network of Web sites accessible through our Services. We use this information primarily to provide a customized experience as you use our Services and, generally, do not share this information with third parties. However, we may disclose personal information collected if we have received your permission beforehand or in very special circumstances, such as when we believe that such disclosure is required by law or other special cases described below.
- Registration. Customers are asked to provide certain personal information when they sign up for our Services including name, address, telephone number, billing information (such as a credit card number), and the type of personal computer being used to access the Services. The personal information collected from Customers during the registration process is used to manage each Member’s account (such as for billing purposes). This information is not shared with third parties, unless specifically stated otherwise or in special circumstances. However, in instances where MBIT and a partner jointly promote the Services, MBIT may provide the partner certain personal information, such as the name, address, and username of persons who subscribed to the Services as a result of the joint promotion for the sole purpose of allowing us and the partner to assess the results of the promotion. In this instance, personal information may not be used by the partner for any other purpose. MBIT may also generate non-identifying and aggregate prowp-content from personal information Customers provide during registration (such as the total number, but not the names, of Customers). As explained in more detail below, we may use this aggregated and non-identifying information to sell ads that appear on the Services.
- Domain Registration. Domain name registration information legally has to be available to the public. Since domain name registration information is available to the public, anyone can access it through “WHOIS” searches. The WHOIS database is a publicly accessible database that lists the domain name and contact information of each registrant. The domain name registration you provide is hosted by us to the public. At times our customers may have been included within searches of the WHOIS database. However, the SPAM they receive does not in any way come from MBIT.
- MBIT Partners and Sponsors. Some MBIT products and services are offered to Visitors and Customers in conjunction with a non-affiliated partner. To provide Visitors and Customers some of these products and services, the partner may need to collect and maintain personal information. In these instances, we will provide such data collected or transferred to our Partners and Sponsors (e.g., domain registration). Additionally, many MBIT Customers have co-branded pages that are co-sponsored by non-affiliated partners. MBIT will share non-identifying and aggregate information (except as described above), but not personal information, with such partners in order to administer the co-branded products or services offered.
- Online Shopping. At some Web sites, you can purchase products and services or register to receive materials, such as a catalog or new product and service updates. In many cases, you may be asked to provide contact information, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, and credit/debit card information. If you complete an order for someone else, such as an online gift order sent directly to a recipient, you may be asked to provide information about the recipient, such as the recipient’s name, address, and phone number. MBIT has no control over the third parties’ use of any personal information you provide when placing such an order. Please exercise care when doing so. If you order products directly from MBIT, we will use the personal information you provide only to process that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
- Responses to Email Inquiries. When Visitors or Customers send email inquiries to MBIT, the return email address is used to answer the email inquiry we receive. MBIT does not use the return email address for any other purpose and does not share the return email address with any third party.
- Voluntary Customer Surveys. We may periodically conduct both business and individual customer surveys. We encourage our customers to participate in these surveys because they provide us with important information that helps us to improve the types of services we offer and how we provide them to you. Your personal information and responses will remain strictly confidential, even if the survey is conducted by a third party. Participation in our customer surveys is voluntary. We take the information we receive from individuals responding to our Customer Surveys and combine (or aggregate) it with the responses of other MBIT customers to create broader, generic responses to the survey questions (such as gender, age, residence, hobbies, education, employment, industry sector, or other demographic information). We then use the aggregated information to improve the quality of our services to you, and to develop new services and products. This aggregated, non-personally identifying information may be shared with third parties.
- Special Cases. It is MBIT’s policy not to use or share the personal information about Visitors of Customers in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses. However, MBIT may disclose personal information about Visitors or Customers, or information regarding your use of the Services or Web sites accessible through our Services, for any reason if, in our sole discretion, we believe that it is reasonable to do so, including: to satisfy laws, such as the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, regulations, or governmental or legal requests for such information; to disclose information that is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our user policies; to operate the Services properly; or to protect MBIT and our Customers.
- Online Advertisements. We display online ads on non-affiliated sites and we use third-party advertising networks to serve ads on our behalf. We share aggregated and non-personally identifiable information (“Non-PII”) about our Visitors and Customers (e.g. email addresses) collected through the registration process as well as through online surveys and promotions with these advertisers and advertising networks. Additionally, in some instances, we use this aggregated and Non-PII to deliver tailored ads. For instance, an advertiser tells us the audience they want to reach (for example, males between 25 and 55 years of age) and provides us an ad tailored to the audience. Based upon the aggregated and non-identifying information we have collected, we may then display the ad to the intended audience. We do not share personally identifiable information (“PII”) about our Visitors or Customers with these advertisers and advertising networks. When you visit our websites, advertising networks such as AdRoll may place a cookie or other tracking technology on your computer and may collect certain information about your use of our websites. These companies may use this information as well as information they collect from your use of other websites, to display ads on the Internet tailored to your interests and based on your online activity. These companies may also use Non-PII that we have collected from you and shared with them to serve online ads to you on MBIT’s behalf as you visit non-affiliated website(s). You can learn more about this practice, and can learn about your choices with respect to the use of this information about you for customizing ads based on predictions about your interests generated from your visits to different websites in this browser and on other devices you may use, at http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
- Your choices and Opting-Out. We recognize how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads you receive and how we use your data:
o You may opt-out of receiving targeted ads by using the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) opt out tool here, which will allow you to opt out of seeing targeted ads from NAI approved member companies.
o You may opt-out of receiving targeted ads by using the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) opt out tool here, which will allow you to opt out of seeing targeted ads from us and from DAA participating companies.
o Note that when using these ad industry opt-out tools described above:
- Opting out does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the company or companies from whom you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns. Information regarding your online activities may still be collected for research, analytics or internal operations purposes.
- If you use multiple browsers or devices you may need to execute this opt out on each browser or device.
- We are not responsible for the effectiveness of any such ad industry opt-out tools.
o To opt out of receiving targeted ads that are based on your behavior across different mobile applications follow the below instructions, for iOS and Android devices:
- iOS 7 or Higher: Go to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting
- For Android devices with OS 2.2 or higher and Google Play Services version 4.0 or higher: Open your Google Settings app > Ads > Enable “Opt out of interest-based advertising”
o Opting out will not prevent you from seeing ads, but those ads will likely be less relevant because they won’t be tailored to your interests. The ads might, for instance, be randomly generated or based on the web page you are visiting.
o Some internet browsers allow users to send a “Do Not Track” signal to websites they visit. We do not respond to this signal.
- Statistics. We use information gathered about you from our site statistics (for example your IP address) to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site. We also gather broad demographic information from this data to help us improve our site and make your browsing and purchasing experience more enjoyable. This is not linked to any personally identifiable information, except as necessary to prevent fraud or abuse on our system.
- International Transfers. We may transfer the information we collect about you to countries other than the country where we originally collected it for the purposes of storage and processing of data and operating our services. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as your country. However, when we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice and take steps, where necessary, to ensure that international transfers comply with applicable laws.
- MBIT’s Commitment to Children’s Privacy. Protecting children’s privacy is especially important to us. It is our policy to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and all other applicable laws. While we make every effort to ensure that these Web sites are fun and age-appropriate for our younger audience, we believe that there is no substitute for proper parental supervision. MBIT recommends that children ask a parent for permission before sending personal information to MBIT, or to anyone else online.
- Public Forums. Please remember that any information you may disclose in our Member Directory, or other public areas of our Web sites or the Internet, becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these public areas.
- MBIT’s Commitment to Data Security. Services and websites we sponsor have technical, administrative and organizational security measures in place to protect the information we collect against accidental or unlawful destruction and loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. While we make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining this information.
- How to Access or Modify Your Information. MBIT offers Customers the opportunity to access, correct or update information provided during registration and other PII we hold about you. You can also request that we delete your information. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Exceptions. As stated previously in this policy, we will never give out your information without your permission. The only exceptions to this are, when we are required by law, in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the law, or we must comply with a legal process served on our web site. We may also need to give out your information if one of our partners requires it, but these situations are rare and we will always ask for your explicit permission first.
- Revisions to This Policy. MBIT reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this policy, our Internet Service Agreement and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. If we make a material change to our privacy practices, we will provide notice on the site or by other means as appropriate.